Friday, October 10, 2008

Exciting things and a cute kid!

I really need to be better about updating this!

Okay, exciting thing #1 - I had TWO sales in one day last Sunday! I was really really happy because I hadn't sold anything in about a month, plus I sold some stuff I was pretty proud of - a pair of horns and some Pokeball earrings (my first polymer clay sales, yay). I also had a last minute awesome idea for the earrings...



They are stuck into a piece of canvas paper that has my logo printed onto it =) Haha...it was actually a failed experiment at making a patch of my logo to put on my jacket (turns out printer ink washes off of canvas in the washing machine, sigh) but I think it worked out alright in the end. The earrings were a gift for someone else, so I wasn't sure how to go about my usual thank-you-note/reciept-thing...this turned out to be a pretty good compromise because I still got my name out there without feeling too weird about it, and I was able to write on the back that I hoped she liked them and to be sure to thank the person who got them for her =) Plus it's sturdy enough to be a good backing! All around goodness.

What is exciting thing #2, you ask? I got a convo earlier from someone asking about another pair of horns that they are thinking of buying to be a part of their dog's Halloween costume =) Tell me that doesn't sound completely adorable! A tiny little dog with horns on! MY horns! Haha...hoping to hear back from them on whether or not they'll work out after all - seems promising so far!

Besides all that business...I took the day off from school today! Which felt extremely nice! At least the sleeping in part was good, I spent most of the rest of the day going through boxes and trying to get rid of things - I have a terrible problem with holding on to farrrr too much paper, not to mention lots of strange random things...sigh. Made some progress but I've got a lot more to do, both for my peace of mind AND to make room for my fiancé - in about two weeks, he will be driving down from Wisconsin to stay for good! =D! My dad is going to let him stay with us for a little bit to give him a chance to find a job and get an apartment, which is very very awesome. I'm going to have to try to get a good job myself as well so that I have a shot at being able to move out with him very soon...

And now, because he is cute and I saw him on Sunday, check out my nephew Jacob!



He always makes me take him out by the pool when he comes over...he really likes the water (and the duck). And I don't think you can tell in this picture, but he has Wall-E shoes! Awesome =) Haha, and by the way, his mom liked the jewelry I made for her after all, so yay for that.

Okay...I think I am all caught up now...good night!

<3>

1 comment:

Nuvofelt said...

Print your labels on fabric, then use a product called Bubble Jet Set. It works.
Glue the fabric to card, and off you go. You can use a cheap cotton fabric. Google BJS to find our more details. Your earrings are great.

Related Posts with Thumbnails