Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Change sucks, patch-covered blazers are cool

So, after more than a year of living together and continuing to enjoy each other's company excessively, Joshua left today to stay in Kentucky for a while with our friend, Steven. Steven is in the process of getting out of the army and Joshua is more or less going to keep him company and help him stay sane until they can both make their way back to California. Could be anywhere from a few months to a year or so before they're officially back, and even though I plan to go visit in December, I'm definitely having a less than great day.

In any case, before Steven came for his two-week visit here, I finished up the patches I was making for Joshua and got them all hand sewn onto his blazer. I thought I'd post a couple action shots and close-ups of how it turned out for you all:


  
Hanging out downtown...


Look at how mature I am!

  
Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Man Man, Ween, Modest Mouse, Queens of the Stone Age, Atmosphere // The Features, Nine Inch Nails, The Pixies

  
Gogol Bordello, The Clash, buttons // The Unicorns, Tilly and the Wall, Spoon, Dead Kennedys, Grandaddy

  
Madness and Specials armbands // Leonard Cohen back patch

  
Arcade Fire, Okkervil River



I'm pretty proud of having pushed myself further than I've gone before in terms of making patches (thanks for not being easy on me, jerkface). With a somewhat replenished fabric marker supply, I should be starting on more soon - I already have another ten commissioned by another friend.

As upsetting as it is to not have Joshua here anymore (I really don't think it has sunk in yet...ugh), I've definitely got a lot to keep me distracted this summer. I want to make a whole bunch of new things and I've got to get rid of a bunch of stuff to get ready for moving to San Francisco for grad school, plus I have at least three concerts and Comic-Con to look forward to. Even still, I'm pretty sure I've never looked forward to December so much...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails